Monday, September 14, 2009

A Brief Primer on Differentiation

I was quite surprised how much I enjoyed the reading.... this book isn't like other textbooks. When I was reading I highlighted the things I wanted to reflect on or I thought interesting; thus, I am going to write a few quotes I liked.
*"Effective teachers, like effective parents, work from a coherent but ever-evolving set of beliefs and principles and teaching and learning."
*"Differentiated teaching is responsive teaching"
*"She must balance two factors in her classroom: the needs of her students and the requirements of a curriculum."
*"Four classroom elements: who she teaches, where she teaches, what she teaches, and how she teaches."
*"The more fully she understands who she teaches, the more aware she is that she must adapt what she teaches to serve individual learners well."
*Students Characteristics: Readiness, Interest, and Learining profile.
I thought the section I read was very helpful and easy to understand. I look forward to future readings.... I am actually being honest I love how the authors speak to me.

1 comment:

Teacherheart said...

This is a GREAT response to the differentiation reading. It shows how thoroughly you read and thought about it. You also needed to comment on SOMETHING from the morning meeting readings. 3 points.