Sunday, September 27, 2009

Student Profile/Interest Survey and Pre-Assessment

*I viewed the Student Profile Survey and I like how there are two columns stating, "Like me" and "Not like me". However, I am not a big fan of how the directions are set up. I know this is an easy survey, but if you were a third grader, and you saw the directions, wouldn't you feel a tad over whelmed. As a teacher I would go over the directions as a class so I know everyone understands.

*I loved the Student Interest Survey! The directions are sweet and to the point. I like how there are some in depth questions and then again fun questions like, favorite sport or movie. I will for sure use this in my class!

*I checked out the Pre-Assessment Inventory on Blackboard, and I think it is very helpful. I like how it is very organized and thought out. It is nice how there is a column for what is being inventoried, a column for the students trait, and also it is great that there is a comment column that gives you feedback and ideas and you can add to it too! I think this would be very beneficial in my classroom!

1 comment:

Teacherheart said...

I'm not sure you looked at the actual inventories, themselves. It sounds like you looked at the "index" page that was meant to help you see the potential of the actual inventories. Please take a look at the inventories, and let me know how you understand they can help you plan differentiated lessons and activities. What purposes could getting a writing sample serve? 3 points