Monday, October 26, 2009

Fulling the Promise pgs 120-162

Here are a few ideas that I loved learning about in this weeks reading.....
*Graphic Organizers are a great way to help the students learn to organize and analyze ideas.
*A Conversational Roundtable is a great way for students to discuss 4 different aspects of a topic.
*Evaluation Checklist is an awesome way for students to evaluate how well they worked.
*Developing Clarity About Learning Goals is great way for students to break down the steps of what they should know, should understand, and what they should be able to. This would be a great idea use in the classroom starting new units.
*I love the Novel Think-Tac-Toe! I love how the students have options.
*I love the idea of writing in your journal before and after learning a new idea.

This section is filled with so many useful ideas that I will for sure many copies for in my own classroom. I am looking forward to seeing how they benefit my students and me as a teacher!

1 comment:

Teacherheart said...

Are you willing to try at least one of the strategies out during your field experience? You have nothing to lose... just try it to see how it works. Please let me know if you do, and how it goes. 4 points