Saturday, November 8, 2008

Week 1 Student Teaching!!!

This has been such a fun week! The first 2 days I was basically observing and helping out when I could. I would make sure the students were on task while the actually teacher was teaching. I would also help with a assignments and grading. On Wednesday the class had a substitute and I was mainly in charge, because I knew how the class functioned. The week continued with me taking on more responsibilities and I loved every minute of it. On Friday when I was getting my things to go, the teacher told me that I was a natural, and that I would make a great teacher. I was touched by that comment and I am truly looking forward to the next 2 weeks.

4 comments:

Dr. Hudgins said...

It sounds like things are going well way to go it is a good your cooperating teacher sees you as a natural teacher it will help you a lot your first year of teaching. I look forward to observing you next week.

C. J. said...

Mallory,

Great work kid...I hope that I get a glowing review from my teacher. Keep up the good work.

Christy House said...

Way to go! Aren't you loving it!Have another great week!

Miss Kanzee said...

mallory,
that is awesome you have a good cooperating teacher. andrea and i do also. we are teachign every day. originally we were going to teach the whole first standard, but as we are adjusting to the students needs, we might not make it through that far. but its the best thing ever teaching every day.